Endo banner (made by me)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Slap in the Face

I've worked in a high volume photo mini lab for the past 8 years. It never really bothered me before with all the constant baby photos. In the past, I would dream about being a mother someday and move on to the next picture as I observed the members' order. Now, I can't even look at this subject matter and I feel like giving up but part of me still wants to sit tight and try to be patient. People tell me "Your time will come". It's so hard to watch everyone else around you happy and fertile. Most of these members I deal with, don't even realize how fortunate they are to have children. They take a lot for granted and I think it's a shame.

 I could not even begin to tell you what I would do just to have one. I would probably not even think twice about going to hell and back. My body has been through so much physical and mental pain with all the surgeries this past year. I underwent three surgeries in a two month span to treat my Endo. The second surgery led to a massive post-op infection that took about three months to recover from. I had a PICC line placed and was given IV antibiotics for two weeks prior to leaving the hospital after the third surgery. So, I would say I would go through all that pain times 100 for the chance of having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment