Endo banner (made by me)

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Day My World Closed in on Me

We were waiting in the recovery room for the doctor to arrive to go over the results from my surgery. My husband was waiting anxiously by my side with much anticipated news. I had a clear sense that it was not good. The doctor arrived and sat down with us. He started by saying "You must have been in a lot of pain". A feeling of relief and anger circulated through my body. He then went on to add, you have Stage IV Endometriosis and we are going to have to treat this with a more delicate approach that I can not perform myself. He showed us pictures of my infected organs. My appendix was affected along with my left ovary (which was thought to be the ovarian cyst turned out to be a endometrioma), my colon and bladder were also on the list. I felt sick to my stomach baffled. How did my body get this bad? Why didn't anyone take me serious? My doctor recommended an excellent surgeon who specialized in Gynecological Oncology. She was top 10 in the country. If I may add, she was his wife. He couldn't have given us a better reference.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry! I battle stage IV endo too. I've asked the same tough questions. It was so scary to learn my endo was attacking my organs.

    I am so happy to hear you found a doctor you trust! It took me a long time to find mine.

    Glad you found me on facebook. Looking forward to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I am also sorry that you are battling stage iv. It has not be an easy road but maybe we can help each other out. Looking forward to talking to you soon. Take care & be well!

    ReplyDelete