Endo banner (made by me)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Change of Plans

Today my husband and I went for our appointment to find out results from last Mondays cycle day 3 test. We found out the news that I was anticipating. The age of my ovary reserve level did in fact increase due to scarring from past surgeries. Ideally your number should be between 2-10 to conceive successfully. Mine was at 11 last January and has escalated to 19. My doctor did not seem very optimistic with that number. The normal number should be less than 9. I read that as the numbers go up there is a reduction in response to ovarian stimulating drugs. This really worries me because that means I really might not have any chance even with IVF.

The next step to proceed with intrauterine insemination (IUI) for three months. I was under the impression that today we would discuss starting IVF.  My doctor only wants me to three months and than possibly proceed with IVF, if that is even an option. If we wait any longer we risk my level only to increase. Right now we are in race with time.I guess at this point we should just be hopeful and stay positive because this could work. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment