Endo banner (made by me)

Monday, December 6, 2010

...AND THE RESULTS ARE IN

Today I received the results that I  have been waiting for since last December. The question finally got answered- Can I conceive on my own?.... the answer is.....NO. Fortunately with the aid of IVF, it can be possible along with an expensive price tag. I have been diagnosed with Tubal Infertility. My left tube doesn't flow correctly due to scarring from surgery and the right tube is nonexistent. I feel better hearing it today. I can now learn how to accept it and move on. I never expected any good news out of this whole ordeal. I'm just trying to be openminded and taken things one step at a time.

The next step is to start Clomid today and will continue into Friday. Clomid is a drug taken orally which will help stimulate ovulation. I also have another appointment next Tuesday for more blood work, ultrasound and will receive my results from the Cycle Day 3 test performed today. The test checks the levels of three important substances: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH) and estradiol (E2). I am curious to learn the results of that test. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. aw lisa, at least you have an answer like you said and you are not wondering if you can or not. Is it possible to have IVF covered by your insurance?? goodluck hun :) i love you and if you ever need to talk, you have my number AND ill see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff! Our insurance policy doesn't cover a dime of IVF. We already started paying out of pocket for blood work and ultrasounds. It really gets me upset to know that I have a medical condition and pregnancy is the most affective solution to helping my endo get under control, so I can live more of a pain free life. Otherwise, I will just need more and more surgery down the road. Thanks for reading my blog. Love ya & can't wait to see & baby girl soon!!

    ReplyDelete